So, I read this article a friend sent me earlier this week and I positively loved it. The article itself is called 20 Things To Let Go Of Before The New Year. I wanted to talk about it before the new year but getting sick got in the way. So, here's my thoughts on each item on the list and what I need to do to let go and get this year going on a good note.
1. Let go of all thoughts that don't make you feel empowered and strong.
- Ugh. It's true though. There are too many thoughts going on in my head that do not make me feel empowered and strong. I will definitely have to work on this but I'd like to say those days are gone. I've been through and done too much to not feel empowered and strong.
2. Let go of feeling guilty for doing what you truly want to do.
- I was feeling guilty for wanting to leave my current job. My lead is a great guy and really worked to get me the job I'm in now. However, I do want a job in my career field and that means leaving where I'm at and applying for a job at an art museum. That's a scary change but once I know I can afford the pay cut, I'm absolutely going to try.
3. Let go of the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself.
- As I mentioned above, the change to a new career field that I've never worked in before AND is a huge pay cut is scary as hell. I won't let that stop me though and I'm working now on being able to afford it.
4. Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
- Last year is 365 days of regret. I try not to regret anything but I thought a lot about everything that happened last year and what I "should have" done. The point is taken though... at those moments, it was exactly what I wanted.
5. Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
- The only thing I'm too worried about right now is passing a test I need to finish my Bachelor's degree and getting accepted into my Graduate school of choice. One of them I can control by studying my ass off for it and the other... Well, if I don't get accepted there are more schools out there.
6. Let go of blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don’t like something, you have two choices, accept it or change it.
- This is not something I really do. If anything, it may be the complete opposite in that I take all the blame for everything.
7. Let go of thinking you are damaged; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are.
- This may be a hard one for me also. I do feel like I am damaged but the rational side of me says it's not true. I will try my best to let this one go. I am not damaged. My experiences have made me who I am today.
8. Let go of thinking your dreams are not important; always follow your heart.
- Finding a career that suits me in an art museum is important to me and I will follow that.
9. Let go of being the “go-to person” for everyone, all the time; stop blowing yourself off and take care of yourself first … because you matter.
- This mostly happens with one person in my life. I do not know why I feel obligated to be there for him whenever he needs me. That's the only time he makes an attempt to have me in his life. I will stop this. My feelings on the matter are important and I will no longer let myself feel used by him.
10. Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
- I really try not to live my life through other people.
11. Let go of thinking there's a right and wrong way to do things or to see the world. Enjoy the contrast and celebrate the diversity and richness of life.
12. Let go of cheating on your future with your past. It’s time to move on and tell a new story.
- Okay. :-)
13. Let go of thinking you are not where you should be. You are right where you need to be to get to where you want to go, so start asking yourself where you want to go.
- I'm working on it! :)
14. Let go of anger toward ex lovers and family. We all deserve happiness and love; just because it is over doesn't mean the love was wrong.
- This. There is peace in letting go.
15. Let go of the need to do more and be more; for today, you've done the best you can, and that's enough.
16. Let go of thinking you have to know how to make it happen; we learn the way on the way.
17. Let go of your money woes — make a plan to pay off debt and focus on your abundance.
- My plan is in place. If it falls apart, I will make a new plan.
18. Let go of trying to save or change people. Everyone has her own path, and the best thing you can do is work on yourself and stop focusing on others.
- There is no one I want to change. Well, okay. I would like to see my sister more independent but she's living hew own life right now and I can only be there for her when she needs me.
19. Let go of trying to fit in and be accepted by everyone. Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding.
20. Let go of self-hate. You are not the shape of your body or the number on the scale. Who you are matters, and the world needs you as you are. Celebrate you!
- This is a work in progress. I don't necessarily have self-hate but sometimes there is self-dislike.

No comments:
Post a Comment