Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

{Weigh-In Wednesday: The Ugly Truth}

button

150lbs is an official number. 150.192 lbs to be exact.
The picture below, the one that slaps me in the face, tells me it's official.

So, this result was a big ole slap in the face...

To begin with, I went to the base gym to have my Bod Pod measurements done yesterday. They, awesomely, do it for free for military members. Yay, for having my reserve ID until October! The experience, overall, was really good. You're only in this egg-shaped tube for a total of 1 minute. Two times at 30 seconds a piece. If you're claustrophobic it's really not that bad. It's supposed to be pretty accurate. This is what the machine looks like...

You wear a swimsuit and a swimmers cap but you don't get wet at all. The tube gets air compressurized and that's how it gets your measurements. Here's Med Terms definition:

BOD POD: A method for determining the lean body mass. The BOD POD is a computerized, egg-shaped chamber. Using the same whole-body measurement principle as underwater weighing, the BOD POD measures a subject's mass and volume, from which their whole-body density is determined. Using these data, body fat and lean muscle mass can then be calculated.

Anyway, so you get a print out with all your info on it. My % Body Fat number...that's in the highest range.

I didn't think it was that bad but turns out it's worse.

I'm so happy I've started Operation Red Bikini. While I knew I was going to begin a weight loss journey, it gave me the push to actually do it and strive for something. I had 3 goals.

1. Get in the best shape possible within 12 weeks
2. Do well and hold myself accountable with Operation Red Bikini
3. Run one 5k race a month for 12 months

I've just added a 4th goal...
4. Lower my fat percentage to a healthy range

So far, I'm doing well with #3. It's the other 2 that I'm slow on. Since the beginning of the year I've not ate "clean" often and I pretty much stopped doing strength training since I began running. With the new 12 week plan I'm working on, strength training is incorporated into my running routine.
Now, I've got to focus more on "eating clean."

Here are some photographs of yesterday's attempt at it all...
For all of  yesterday... 
12 Week Plan Day 2: Cardio Only (576 Calories burned)
Eggs/Spinach/Turkey/Rotel
Berries with breakfast



Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Avocado Chicken Salad


The Soup made me 7 servings at 360 calories for each serving.
Banana, PB, Dark Chocolate
Seriously, delicious! I made 4 of them a serving in little baggies.

So, there ya have it. I'm going to do the Bod Pod once a month until the end of my 12 weeks to see if there are any changes and to see results, if any.

I am also going to hold myself more accountable for the food I eat. I will try to use the 'Lose It" app more, it's just hard those 4 days I work since I can't have my phone with me. I will write it all down and add it later. OR since I always pack my food for work, I'll add it all before I even leave the house.







11 comments:

  1. Good luck! You're going to kick that plan's butt outta the water :) *new reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man that chocolate looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lora, I'm not even sure I can begin to tell you how good it is!

      Delete
  3. Get it, girl! I love a woman with a plan aha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome planning girl. I def want some of those recipes for the food. They look so so so good. :) new reader and follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kaitlyn! I created links under the pictures that will link to the original recipe. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did! :)

      Delete
  5. The Bod Pod looks so cool. I would love to do that. Great plan for success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! The Bod Pod was a pretty cool experience! Although, 41.5% seems excessive and everyone else seems to think so also. So, I'm not sure about it's accuracy. Although, maybe it is accurate and I just carry my weight like a ninja. Haha!

      Delete
  6. That bod pod thing is really cool! You are going to kick ass! Something that keeps me on track is setting small weekly goals. I thought it would be fun to do a weekly goal link party :) I also link up with Weigh in Wednesday and I would love for you to join us! * new follower!

    Weekly Check In Link Party @ Operation Skinny Jeans

    ReplyDelete